Premier manages hundreds of unique vision plans for our partner Health Plans. Through our expansive network of ophthalmic physicians, we provide exams, eyeglasses and contact lenses to members insured by our Health Plan partners.
Routine comprehensive eye exams are vital to our overall health:
- Our vision is important to our general health and well-being.
- 80 percent of what children learn is through their eyes
- Children have better academic success when their vision is fully developed
- As we age, our vision affects our balance – loss of vision may lead to falls with life changing impact
- Routine comprehensive eye exams can detect not only vision problems and eye disease, but also general health problems, such as diabetes, hypertension and hardening of the arteries, before you are even aware that a problem exists.
- Early detection of cataracts, retinal disorders, glaucoma and macular degeneration can help prevent vision loss or blindness.